Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Assignment 5: Lighting

This week was all about Lighting! Here are the shots of the week that I turned in.

Silhouette - Meter off the brightest part of your picture and your subject should come out pretty much underexposed. I found these were easiest to take once the sun was pretty far down.

ss: 1/4000 f5.6 ISO 100
Side Lighting - This type of lighting is used to create textures and 3-D effects. I took pictures of rocks and this flower. Needless to say, this flower won out as my favorite between the two!

ss: 1/800 f5/6 ISO 100
Backlighting - This type of lighting is used to create a rim glow on subjects or the translucent look through objects. Here you see the rim glow particularly around the hair but also a bit around her jacket.
ss: 1/500 f5.6 ISO 100
Shadows - Pretty self explanatory! We were asked to take any cool shadow pics. Love how this picture captures her in mid air as well as the fact that he looks like he has an amputated hand! It made me laugh when I saw the outcome!
ss: 1/800 f5.6 ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment